Apr 28, 2006

Wild for Wilder

Why God, why? Why, knowing full well that I am a financially-unsound college student stranded in the westernmost of these United States, do you put on fantastical film festivals such as these way out in the Big Apple? Did I do something to deserve this?

Yes, New York's Film Forum is hosting a special double-event this summer, screening the films of Ernst Lubitsch and of Billy Wilder in two separate, incredible affairs. This may be the only time in my life I've wanted to be just another face in the hustle and bustle of NYC. I've always joked about selling my possessions to get enough cash for something extravagant and spontaneous like this - but I truly do wonder what I could pawn to afford a ticket out there...?

If you as a poster/reader happen to screen a piece of classic cinema in an authentic theater setting, let me know where, when, and what you saw, and I'll be sure to post it here. I've had a few e-mails regarding our favorite genre of movies on the big screen, but to the best of my knowledge, there is no definitive search engine, directory, or website that lists such events...and I, for one, am exasperated by continually finding out about such events after they've already occurred. Chicago, New York and L.A. can't be the only cities that host classic movies - they just can't!

Come on now, people, this woman is not joking when she says she needs to see Ball of Fire on the big screen! Sugarpuss O'Shea working her innuendo on Professor Potts in all her 35mm glory? I am SO IN!

Labels: ,