Mar 24, 2006

Brilliant on the Big Screen

I have just found the most incredible website ever. Hollywood Blvd, a unique cinema/restaurant establishment just outside of Chicago, features a silver-screen showing every month, complete with any of the original cast members they can round up. This month's screening? Gone With the Wind, resplendently shown in all of its cinematic glory, will also be attended by the actress who played little Bonnie Blue Butler, Scar & Rhett's pride and joy, who meets her fate with...well, in case you haven't seen the film, I'll save the spoilers. (Then again, if you haven't seen Gone With the Wind...what are you doing on this site in the first place?!) Check out their Now Playing guide to see what else they have in store for the spring.
Great...Hollywood Blvd is just one more thing that makes me regret moving away from home; how did I not know about this years ago? Oh well, you Chicagoans take advantage of this opportunity - just know that it's your responsibility to let me watch these films vicariously through your attendance!

In an extension of those thoughts, I've been searching with much futility for movie theatres that do show classic films on a regular basis - you know, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Ben-Hur, The Wizard of Oz. Where are all of these fabulous films being shown in darkened movie houses, and why can't I find them? If there are any near where you live, posting information here might be of a great help to others (or give me a jumpstart on planning my summer vacation, hmmm....). And remember, we're not constrained to the U.S. either - I'll take my classic cinema where I can get it.

Labels: