Mar 26, 2006

Wow

I happened to look up "epic masterpiece" in my deskside Webster's English dictionary today, thought not totally capriciously - I had been inspired by nearly four hours' worth of moviewatching this morning as I put off the inevitable mounds of homework and paperwriting I've to finish before tomorrow's classes beckon. Here's what I found:

epic n: An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero; adj: Heroic and impressive in quality; Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size. See Figure 1.

masterpiece n: 1. An outstanding work of art or craft; 2. The greatest work, as of an artist; 3. Something superlative of its kind. See Arabia, Lawrence of.

Figure 1:


Stunning. Simply - stunning.

Labels: